Sunday, August 23, 2009

Megan lost her teeth...

My little girl already lost her 2 bottom teeth. About 2 weeks ago, we noticed that one of the teeth on the bottom were loose. We were surprised since it is sooo early. Megan is only 4, although she turns 5 in October. However, when we took a look, we could actually see her big teeth coming in behind her baby ones.


So, a week later, I picked Megan up from the sitters and Megan had a surprise for me. She had lost her first tooth, but swallowed it with a Gummy Worm. Lou told Megan that the ToothFairy took IOUs. I had to explain to Megan that although we could write the Toothfairy a letter to explain what happened...the tooth was gone for good.


So, that night, Megan wrote the following note to the Toothfairy. She was more excited in the morning when she woke up, the letter was still there, and the Toothfairy wrote her a note back in return. It said, "Great Job Megan. I'll be back soon for the next one."


So, two nights later, I got the experience of pulling my first tooth. I'm not sure who was more nervous...Me or Megan. It took 3 tries, but we finally got it out. It was barely hanging on, but I couldn't get a good grip on it. I think that I've got it down for next time. Megan did great...cried for only a second, but couldn't believe me when I told her that it was done.

We of course had to make something else for the Toothfairy for trip #2. This time Megan drew a picture of her in bed with the toothfairy coming to take the tooth. Complete with Windows, Curtains and her night light. I loved it!!!


They really do grow up too fast.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Awesome.

Leann said...

Way to cute!! That is so adorable!