Monday, August 24, 2009

Berrien County Youth Fair - 2009

We ended up going down to the fair 3 different times - Once for the Circus, once for Megan to ride the rides and once to hang out with cousin Adam. It was a great week for the fair, and for the most part was unusually cool. It's hard to believe that it was mid-August with the pictures below of us in our sweatshirts.

Tues Mom and I took the kids to the Circus at the Fair. Mom and Megan actually rode on an elephant...ah, what you do for the Grandkids. I guess that Mom can cross that one off of her Bucket List....

As for the circus. I swear that the entire Circus cast consisted of 6 people. The trapeze artist was also the dare devil on the motorcycle who was also the Lion Tamer who was also responsible for the Elephant rides before the show. By the time that the 3 elderly ladies (70s) came out with their poodles for their 3rd act, it was time that we got out of there. It held the kids attention for about the first 20 minutes, after that we were struggling to keep them in their seats and not fall through the bleachers.
If you look close enough..you can actually see a picture of me. :) But, notice that I had to take it of myself, and Jenna looks oh so thrilled. She was trying to watch the Circus, but I put the camera in the way. I really need to start pushing the camera off on the other adults so that my kids will know that I was actually around and just not behind the camera.
We had some time to kill before Dad and Leigh met up with us for dinner. So, we walked through the animal barns. Mom made me promise not to write anything about her "incident" in the animal barn...but, for those of you reading this, make sure to ask her about it. I have pictures as proof, but she would kill me if they were posted on here. Don't worry, I will hold onto them as they make great Blackmail material.

By the time that we met up with Leigh and Dad, Mom and I were pooped And, of course the guys couldn't understand why we were so tired...I'm sure that the wrestling on the bleachers, chasing through the animal barns and humidity for the day had nothing to do with it. Corndogs, Freshly squeezed lemonade and Elephant Ears were on the menu.







We stayed clear of the ride area on our first visit. We knew that Jake and Jenna would want to ride on them all and they weren't quite tall enough....which was the recipe for a couple of Major meltdowns. So, Megan was promised a special day so that she could ride on the rides. Next year, we will brave it will all 3. We better start saving up our $ now. We met up with so many of Megan's friends and she had a great time.


Megan and Paige


Megan and Claire


Megan and Campbell

Saturday Matt and Jenny brought Adam for his first fair visit. Although the weather was rainy and on the cool side, a great time was had by all.



No comments: